When operating concrete buildings, the material can crumble or crack, as it loses strength over time. Sometimes concrete structures can be repaired, and sometimes it is better to demolish them and build a new construction in their place.
Since the demolition process is not simple and performed by specialists from contractor concrete companies in Colorado, Wyoming and Denver. Here are the reasons which help determine to demolish concrete or not:
- Deep cracks. Wide and deep cracks can appear due to damage to concrete structures that cannot be repaired. Therefore, such cracks may be enough to make a decision to demolish a building.
- Natural problems. The foundation of buildings is strongly affected by the soil, so soil subsidence or growth of plants can damage concrete. In addition, various earthquakes can also make the foundation of the building unsuitable.
- Freeze soil. Any soil contains moisture, and at low temperatures it freezes and causes swelling of the soil upwards that the concrete foundation damages.
- Damage to the integrity of concrete. Over time, the concrete can flake off or crumble. This is due to various reasons, for example, corrosion, weather conditions or high pressure.
Concrete contractors help in the process of demolition and make it faster. Often, contractors use such dismantling methods of concrete coating:
- Manually. Suitable for small buildings or residential houses. The whole process is done manually using hammers and sledgehammers.
- Automated. Used to demolish large structures. It can be commercial buildings or apartment buildings. The main tool is special equipment, for example, a bulldozer, an excavator, various cranes and loaders.
- Controlled collapse. Suitable only for isolated buildings. The collapse is caused by removing structural elements. This is done to create a controlled process.
- Blast building. Initially, a special preparation for implosion is carried out, and after it the cleaning of the territory also takes time. The implosion is short, but effective.
Concrete structures, like the material itself, have a high level of strength and the wrong disassembly can harm you. Therefore, before demolition, it is better to call specialists who use the right method and make it high quality and quickly.